The 2nd edition rulebook has brought me hours of joy! In fact, I came to love the game so much I was motivated to write adventures and supplements for it.
What I love about this book:
- Character creation is easy, engaging, and fun
- The core mechanics are explained very well, especially the player-facing one
- The Nations are presented in a way that brings them to life, makes them feel unique, and inspires lots of plot hooks and campaign ideas
- The basic character builds are easy, but the flourishes you can add with Backstory and Advantages allow for endless variety.
What didn't work as well for me:
- Some of the GM-facing rules are hard to find in the text and hard to visualize
- Similarly, a few more examples of mechanics in action would be helpful, especially around consequences, opportunities, and Dramatic Scenes in general.
Anyway, the game's been out long enough that I can enthusiastically recommend it. My group and I got a lot of good play from this game, with more to come! I hope you'll try it too.
[5 of 5 Stars!]