Depending on what you're looking for in an adventure module this could easily range from 5 stars to 3 stars. Let's break it down:
- Incredibly interesting setting
- Great backstory
- Gorgeous presentation, art, maps, etc
- Easily a piece that could be "plugged in" to another campaign or setting
- Very difficult to figure out how to run this as a module
- Not much clear direction for what the players should do or how they should interact with the world
- If running the suggested play "all the characters start out stuck in the dungeon" there really aren't very good clues for them to figure out what's going on or how to deal with it. In other words there is a ton of backstory but virtually no clear idea for how to get that backstory to the players.
Overall this is very well-created, exceptionally crafted, quality work. If you want something that works as a good and interesting setting and not a stand-alone adventure module this is great. If you're looking for clever ideas, interetsing new monsters, or just an interesting read then definitely pick this up. If you're looking for a stand-alone adventure module to run the players through be prepared for a lot of work. I for one am very glad I picked this up.
[4 of 5 Stars!]