Advanced Search

Planet Design BookClick to magnify
Full‑size Preview

Planet Design Book


Planet Design Book was designed for storytellers and anyone who loves constructing worlds. Inside, you will find prompts and tables to jumpstart your creativity. Design scenarios to conquer (or be swallowed by), zones to explore, and stations to flee from.

75% of the notebook pages are blank. The other 25% contain lightly printed headers and prompts to help guide writing. 

The prompts inside were developed through several iterations to best stir up frictions and enhance areas to be explored. 12 writers helped us polish the final version through several phases of feedback.

The Planet Design Book Purchase comes with the following notebooks:

  • The Planet Design Book (40pg)
  • Threats + Encounters Design Book (16pg)
  • The Planet Design Book 1st Half (20pg) for easier at home printing
  • The Planet Design Book 2nd Half (20pg) for easier at home printing
  • Pocket Module, 3x Threats + 1x Planet (1 pagers)

More Info about the Notebooks

The last thing a notebook should do is slow down or limit creativity.

Everything is printed in gray instead of in a starch black or color that sticks out, prompts are pushed to the left side of an entire spread, and there are a number of page designs to best fit different uses (drawing, map making, visuals, writing, etc.).

All these decisions were made so creators can cross out, draw over, or ignore any section that doesn’t fit their story.

Because of this versatility, the notebooks can be (and have been) used to design more than just planets. Use them for space stations, moons, asteroids, outposts, bunkers, marshes, or any other area for your story. 




 Customers Who Bought this Title also Purchased
Reviews (0)
Discussions (0)
Browse Categories
 Follow Your Favorites!
NotificationsSign in to get custom notifications of new products!
 Recent History

Product Information
File Size:
32.28 MB
Original electronic Click for more information
Scanned image
These products were created by scanning an original printed edition. Most older books are in scanned image format because original digital layout files never existed or were no longer available from the publisher.

For PDF download editions, each page has been run through Optical Character Recognition (OCR) software to attempt to decipher the printed text. The result of this OCR process is placed invisibly behind the picture of each scanned page, to allow for text searching. However, any text in a given book set on a graphical background or in handwritten fonts would most likely not be picked up by the OCR software, and is therefore not searchable. Also, a few larger books may be resampled to fit into the system, and may not have this searchable text background.

For printed books, we have performed high-resolution scans of an original hardcopy of the book. We essentially digitally re-master the book. Unfortunately, the resulting quality of these books is not as high. It's the problem of making a copy of a copy. The text is fine for reading, but illustration work starts to run dark, pixellating and/or losing shades of grey. Moiré patterns may develop in photos. We mark clearly which print titles come from scanned image books so that you can make an informed purchase decision about the quality of what you will receive.
Original electronic format
These ebooks were created from the original electronic layout files, and therefore are fully text searchable. Also, their file size tends to be smaller than scanned image books. Most newer books are in the original electronic format. Both download and print editions of such books should be high quality.
File Last Updated:
October 19, 2022
This title was added to our catalog on April 26, 2023.
Marco Serrano
Publisher Average Rating