DriveThruRPG/Roll20 is looking for someone to develop, maintain, and troubleshoot backend systems and third-party integrations for our marketplace. You’ll have an opportunity to work with a diverse team of developers and specialists, as well as gain and hone skills that will advance your career in devops. We will consider all applications, but our preference for this position is for an individual based in the U.S.
The Skill Set
- Strong experience with PHP
- Experience with MySQL
- Experience with the Linux command line
- Experience with Linux cron jobs
- Basic familiarity with AWS
- Additional skills that are helpful, but not required:
- Experience with Symfony and API-Platform
- Experience with legacy PHP systems
- Experience with bash scripting
- Experience with Docker
- Knowledge of US and international shipping
- Knowledge of industrial printing (e.g. knowledge of PDF/x-1a standard)
- Familiarity with JIRA
Within 1 month, you'll:
- Complete orientation, become familiar with the codebase, the product, and learn Roll20’s values.
- Learn how we work in cross-functional teams and the charters that guide each teams’ work.
- Learn how to work in JIRA.
- Become acquainted with our back-end processes, cron jobs, and third-party integrations.
Within 3 months, you'll:
- Respond to incidents where processes do not behave as expected.
- Refine and expand the documentation related to the work you're doing.
- Be able to create detailed test plans for your code, to hand off to our QA department.
Within 6 months, you'll:
- Address the root causes of incidents where processes do not behave as expected.
- Modify and update integrations with third parties (e.g. when third-party vendors change their APIs, standards, or formats).
- Have the skills and knowledge to develop new integrations with third parties.
- Be familiar with not only our legacy marketplace codebase (which will be sunset), but our newer codebase.
Salary: $65,000 USD to $85,000 USD
Roll20 staff are guided by company values that encourage diversity and inclusiveness. In line with company values, we provide
competitive salaries and solid benefit packages, including health insurance, group life and personal accident insurance, short-term
disability/long-term disability coverage, optional worksite insurance coverage, an employee assistance program, and a 401k with employer
matching. We ensure staff have at least 3 weeks of vacation time away, in addition to sick leave, and flexible scheduling. We are a truly
remote workplace (although we hope to get everyone together for a full company retreat once seeing people IRL is a safe thing again) and
include equipment allowances for our staff to cultivate a functional working-from-home experience. We encourage applicants with
non-traditional backgrounds to apply.