“When I placed my head on my pillow, I did not sleep, nor could I be said to think… I saw — with shut eyes, but acute mental vision, –– I saw the pale student of unhallowed arts kneeling beside the thing he had put together. I saw the hideous phantasm of a man stretched out, and then, on the working of some powerful engine, show signs of life, and stir with an uneasy, half vital motion.”
– Mary Shelley, Frankenstein
Unhallowed Metropolis™ is the gas-mask chic role-playing game of Neo-Victorian horror.
It has been two hundred years since first the outbreak of the Plague, when the dead rose to feed on the flesh of the living. Countless millions perished in the chaos that followed. It was the dawn of a new dark age.
London, the capital of the Neo-Victorian Empire, is a vast, densely crowded city. Beneath the towering walls and crackling Tesla towers, where the fallout of a thousand crematoria darkens the streets, ten-million souls live in squalor. Predators, human and inhuman, stalk the slums and rookeries, preying on the unwary and the helpless.
Beneath the haunted streets, resurrection men and body snatchers hock their grisly wares at blood-stained meat markets. Their clients are degenerate ghouls and amateur anatomists who practice the outlawed science of reanimation.
Driven by an insatiable hunger for immortality, physicians search tirelessly for the elixir vitae, the fabled alchemical solution that promises life eternal and a cure for the Plague.
Above it all, the aristocracy looks down, pristine and enduring behind their walls of privilege, but preyed upon by dangers more insidious than those that infest the streets.
Even in this time of darkness there are those with the strength to fight. Undertakers, Mourners, soldiers, and scientists do battle with the horrors of the age, keeping a solemn vigil over the Unhallowed Metropolis.
Set two-hundred years after the advent of the zombie Plague, Unhallowed Metropolis™ is an apocalyptic Neo-Victorian dystopia written by Jason Soles and Nicole Vega. Inspired by the works of Mary Shelley, Edgar Allen Poe, and Robert Louis Stevenson, and painstakingly researched by the authors, Unhallowed Metropolis provides a rich role-playing experience steeped in alchemy, mad science, and undeath.
Unhallowed Metropolis™, Revised features:
- Newly revised and updated with new art and streamlined rules!
- Point-based character creation and a fast-paced, deadly combat system.
- An incredibly detailed and fully realized setting.
- Exciting and varied character concepts to play, including Aristocrats, Criminals, Detectives, Deathwach Soldiers, Dhampiri Vampire Hunters, Doctors, Mourners, and Undertakers.
- Amazing art, including a full-color cover by photo-sculptor George Higham with interior illustrations by Eliza Gauger, Chris Walton, Melissa Uran, Raven Mimura, Brian Snoddy, Robert Tritthardt, Aron Dittbrenner, Trent Thynes, and Samuel Araya.
- A Foreword by Kenneth Hite, noted author of Trail of Cthulhu, The Day After Ragnarok, andTour de Lovecraft: The Tales.