The End of Days... is just the beginning.
The year is 2644. Humanity has cast off religion and migrated to the stars. With science as the new savior, mankind believed himself to be creating new Edens in the far flung heavens.
But God kept His promise. The day of Rapture came.
Those who walked the Earth with a righteous spirit and pure soul were taken into the loving arms of the Lord. Those who skulked with the devil, ignoring God's divine laws, have been cast aside to face the horrors awaiting all sinners. As promised, the Earth burned. The clouds evaporated. The rule of man, of reason and science, came to an end.
But that was on Earth.
And not all of Mankind was on Earth.
These far flung few who remain, forgotten by God, or perhaps given a second chance, now face a future where good and evil have come into sharp relief; where science has proven to be a false idol, yet one that is vital for survival.
With communications between colonies severed, no one knows for sure what has befallen humanity. The isolated pockets of human colonists are returning to the old ways - political squabbling, superstition and factional infighting are on the rise. As a tide of distrust rises among the survivors, unexplainable horrors are emerging.
The legions of Satan are real...
And they are coming for you.
Praise for Rapture: The End of Days
"This is the most clever, original setting concept I've seen since Day After Ragnarok. Someone really needs to make a film of this, right now."
- Greg Stanyer
"I like this book. It feels very much like a theological sci-fi horror, so it achieves everything it sets out to... The system for "Extras" is one of the most interesting ways I've seen to reward players for followers while making them both incredibly useful and expendable."
- Erathoniel Woodenbow (Featured Reviewer)
Inside the Core Rulebook...
- Unique rule system that throws your heroes into the tension and fear of sci-fi thrillers.
- Mimic the dark claustrophobic grittiness of films like Alien and Event Horizon, where players are hunted down one by one.
- Or pitch your heroes into mass battles against hoards aliens or undead with fast and fun mass combat mechanics. Put the life and death decisions squarely in your players trembling hands.
- Paranoia and politics. Passion and puzzlement. Rapid character development and an open-ended approach to character backgrounds. You'll have interesting heroes alive and kicking in no time at all.
- Fear and Madness mechanics that truly reflect the growing terror and insanity of the best thrillers.
- Unique 'experience the sweet release of death' rules simulate the way sci-fi thrillers cut through the cast of heroes until only a lucky few are left standing: as your heroes are killed off - and they will be - their friends will quickly step in, tougher and more desperate to survive than ever.
A complete universe of terror...
- A finely crafted blend of hard science fiction and authentic theological mysticism made real.
- A beautifully realized future history, where science has thrust mankind into the stars... but where God is all too real.
- The Rapture has come. But, despite the evidence, not everyone believes. Theological struggles, once through dead and buried, are emerging... along with the sinister forces of hell.
- Rules for on-the-fly technology innovation.
- Details of colonial nations, corporations and smaller powers scattered through Human Occupied space.
- Descriptions of the foes of man, both natural and supernatural.
- An extensive list of dark miracles and natural creature powers to allow the game master to create almost any being to torment the players.
Or create your own worlds of mayhem!
- Alien horrors, zombie outbreaks, deadly unknowns from beyond time and space...
For the game master...
- Tips, tricks and advice on running top-notch game sessions.
- A slew of cunningly deadly adventure seeds to get games up and running fast.
- Deep-indexing lets you get to the rules quickly, without breaking the tension of the game.
- 117 pages of awesome design and artwork.
- Fully printable.
- Deep-linking for easy cross-referencing.
- iPad friendly. Looks great as a single or double-page spread!