Why Chase Shadows When You Can Turn on the Lights?
Ever since the Tunguska Event of 1908 paranormal incidents have been on the rise worldwide. The Ectonic Progression is underway. Is it the doom of mankind? Perhaps. Is it the end of the world? Probably not. Is it an unparalleled business opportunity? Definitely.
The dead are rising from their graves, demons walk the earth and people are scared out of their minds. Where blades and bullets fail, however, science is ready to step up to the plate for the future of mankind. ExorSystems, Inc™ offers the tools, the training and the know-how you need to fight the darkness and still pull down a paycheck. If you plan on spending most of your time stalking every unnatural horror that creeps, slithers, swims or flies you ought to at least get decent pay and benefits out of the deal. ExorSystems, Inc™ is here to offer you that opportunity in exchange for franchise fees and a meager percentage off the top.
ExorSystems, Inc™, a new option for Modern-Era d20 Gaming
Monsters don't carry credit cards.
For players used to hauling off carts of loot from adventures, a modern game can be quite a change of pace. In a traditional fantasy game the coin of the realm is universal. Monsters store their cash in treasure chests and sacks. The reward for adventuring is tangible and obvious. In the modern world things don't work that way. Our money is tied up in credit, checking accounts and investments. Most monsters have little regard for money in the modern sense and even those that do will only have a handful of currency on them. Even if, by some miracle, the villain of a campaign has credit cards or blank checks on him any player character that attempts to exploit these resources would be guilty of fraud or theft. ExorSystems Inc™ presents an alternate reward model. In ExorSystems, Inc™ monster hunting is a service you can charge for.
Instead of stalking in the shadows and hunting monsters in the dark the heroes of ExorSystems, Inc™ are paid professionals. They have the high-tech tools, the corporate resources and the marketing clout required to bring the ghosts, ghouls and goblins of the world to their knees, all with a money-back guarantee.
The ExorSystems, Inc™ Campaign setting features:
• A full story background for the ExorSystems, Inc™ world including the ExorSystems, Inc™ organization, its many competitors and rivals, and an assortment of NPCs ready for use in your campaign.
• Two new advanced classes, the Mad Genius and the Parabiologist, the Weapon Techie variant class and a host of occupations to help staff your ExorSystems, Inc™ franchise.
• 13 Feats for player characters and monsters.
• Supernatural Entity Classification System and alternate rules for the handling of ectoplasmic entities.
• The ExorSystems, Inc™ Equipment Catalog with new weapons, armor and equipment for use in the ongoing fight between the living and the dead. Includes everything from hand-held weapons to vehicle modifications to company swag that you can actually buy.
• Eleven new creatures and templates plus Paranormal Hazards give your paranormal investigators something to worry about while they earn their pay. Guidelines for integrating your favorite monsters into the ExorSystems, Inc™ setting and expanded creature weakness and vulnerability rules keep encounters fresh and unique.
• Expansive GM's Section with campaign models, , variant rules support and alternate genre adaptation guidelines. As with all Octavirate products, you choose how much or how little of the setting you want to adapt. As an added bonus, Banisher, a mini-campaign setting, is included to adapt the ExorSystems, Inc™ concept to the medieval fantasy genre.
• An exclusive 2-page comic by Shortpacked! creator David Willis.
• Art by Ronald Smith, Trent Troop, Greg Sepelak, Hector Haddaway and David Willis.