Behold the Power of True Sorcery!
Introducing a flexible and innovative magic system, True Sorcery puts eldritch mastery into your hands. Forget slots and spells per day; True Sorcery gives you the power to build spells of your own design, letting you decide how fast, how far, and how potent your spells will be. Inside this book, you'll find:
- The Spellcaster class that serves as the foundation for this magic system.
- Rules for using the spellcaster with the d20 Modern Roleplaying Game.
- Several new skills including Detect Magic, Prestidigitation, and Resistance
- Over a dozen new feats such as Aligned Infusion and Reckless Caster.
- A complete system of magic that can be used alongside or in place of other d20 magic systems.
- Over 50 spells, from which you can build and blend new unlimited spell effects, including Create Matter, Flight, and Teleport.
- Example spell effect builds for each spell.
- A new system for creating magic items, offering a simple method for creating single-use items or mighty artifacts of incredible power.
- Variant rules for incorporating taint and true names.
- Extensive appendices for adapting this book for use with Green Ronin's Thieves' World, True20 Adventure Roleplaying, and Malhavoc Press's Iron Heroes including an alternate Arcanist class.
Based on the award winning magic system of The Black Company Campaign Setting, True Sorcery revises and expands that popular magic system for use in any d20 or OGL game. Armed with this book, you become the true master of magic. Take a bold step into a new world of magical possibilities with True Sorcery!
Requires the use of the Dungeons & Dragons®, Third Edition Core Books, by Wizards of the Coast, for use. Utilizes material from the v.3.5 revision.
BookmarkedLinked Table of ContentsCreated from source files - not a scanned PDFError correction from the original print release (including new updates for psionic creatures)Gold Vendor Updates*
Best with Adobe Acrobat Reader 6 or later
Robert J. SchwalbEditing:
Spike Y JonesDevelopment:
Spike Y Jones and Robert J. SchwalbTrue20 Adaptation:
Steve KensonGraphic Design:
Hal Mangold & Marc SchmalzArt Direction:
Robert J. Schwalb & Hal MangoldCover Art:
Matt CavottaInterior Art:
Ilya Astrakhan, Toren "Macbin" Atkinson, Drew Baker, Kent Burles, Ken Capelli, Storn Cook, Talon Dunning, Marcio Fiorito, Eliza Gauger, Chris Keefe, Jonathan Kirtz, Stephanie Law, Pat Loboyko, Manoel Magalhaes, Britt Martin, Jennifer Meyer, James Smith III, Mike Vilardi, Joseph Wigfield, Lisa WoodExecutive Producer:
Chris PramasGreen Ronin Staff:
Steve Kenson, Nicole Lindroos, Hal Mangold, Chris Pramas, Evan Sass, Marc Schmalz, and Robert J. SchwalbSpecial Thanks:
Harry Pratt for his keen insights, and Monte and Sue Cook for letting us include an adaptation for Iron Heroes.
* If this edition of the publication is updated due to the discovery and correction of typos or errata, you will get a free download of the corrected edition.
Experience Something New!
Each game from Green Ronin has free sample material available through our Web site, RPGNow.com, and DriveThruRPG.com. Learn a new game and experience what you've been missing today!
Game: Dragon Age RPG
The Dragon Age RPG is based on BioWare's popular Dragon Age RPG franchise, and brings the dark and gritty world of Thedas to your gaming table. This Quickstart Guide - originally featured on Free RPG Day - features rules, an adventure, and pre-generated characters so you can jump right into the action.
Game: DC Adventures (with Mutants & Masterminds 3rd Edition Rules)
The county fair is being held in Smallville this year and Superboy, the town's famous local hero, is invited as guest of honor. But it's not all prize pigs and cotton candy, as Knockout has come to the fair, and she's aiming to make a big impression!
The DC ADVENTURES Quick Start includes an explanation of the rules, full game statistics for Superboy and Knockout, and a short adventure featuring a brawl at the county fair, so you can jump right in to the action.
Game: A Song of Ice and Fire Roleplaying
These ENnie Award-winning Quick-Start rules and the adventure Journey to King’s Landing are mean to be your introduction to both the A Song of Ice and Fire Roleplaying game and to the fantasy world detailed in George R.R. Martin’s best-selling series of novels.
A Song of Ice and Fire Roleplaying is about Machiavellian court politics, family alliances and enmities, the rise and fall of kingdoms, and the clash of armies, but it is also about honor and duty, family, the responsibilities of leadership, love and loss; tournaments, murders, conspiracies, prophecies, dreams, war, great victories, and terrible defeats. It’s about knights, both false and true... and it’s about dragons.
Welcome to the world of A Song of Ice and Fire, and remember the words of House Stark: “Winter is coming.”