A magnificent mini-bestiary of creepy constructs!
Constructs at first seem like such simple creatures, mindless automatons brought to a semblance of life by the power of magic. Yet consider them again, in light of a horror-themed campaign. These are not creatures but things, soulless, pitiless, without fear, judgment, or mercy, brought to a horrifying mockery of life by forces beyond comprehension. Their animus bound unwilling by the eldritch experimentation of madmen, the accursed invocations of apostate heretics, or risen into being by the tormented hauntings of spirits unable to rest and unwilling to forget or forgive the miseries they suffered or perpetrated in life. And what of those constructs that are not mindless at all but possessed of a malign and calculating intellect that makes them all the more hateful of those that live. These are what constructs can be in a horror game, or when used to evoke the themes of horror in any campaign, and within the Construct Codex you will find 11 new constructs and variants along with optional rules for creating and using constructs as instruments of terror in your game.
Designed by Jason Nelson with the Legendary Games design team of Neil Spicer, Greg A. Vaughan, Clinton J. Boomer, and Clark Peterson, with amazing illustrations by Colby Stevenson and Jason Juta. Who better to provide you with creepy constructs and alternate rules for creating and using them in your Adventure Path campaign than the very writers of those adventures themselves? Answer: no one. Legendary Games' Adventure Path Plug-Ins supplement and enrich your campaign experience, offering adventures and supporting products that incorporate and expanding upon unique concepts, themes, and rules subsystems introduced in the Adventure Paths while filling in the background characters, items, and locations that make those adventures come alive in delightful (and often dangerous) detail. Legendary Games combines stellar writing talent with innovative layout and product design and top-notch artistic values that we think will bring you back again and again.
Inside this Codex you will find:
- The crowflight carriage, drawn by spectral horses and suitable for carrying a vampire overlord and his unsuspecting guests (or anyone wishing to make a dramatic entrance) past quaking villagers in broad daylight or darkest night.
- The living crematory, which disposes of the dead as it roams battlefields in the wake of massacres, cleansing the countryside yet not always careful to discriminate between the living and the, as both are but fuel for its eternal fires.
- The morgech death machines, three different yet all deadly magitech abominations of fused flesh and mangled metal
- The stained glass knight, animate artworks as beautiful as they are deadly to those venturing into the castles and cathedrals they guard
- The gothic gargoyle, fell statuary lurking along haunted battlements, seeking only to add intruders to the grotesque sculptures adorning their domain castle grounds.
- The dirge organ, a magnificent instrument prideful in its darkling majesty, filling desolate palaces with its mournful melodies, entrancing and destroying those who fail to honor its malevolent musical mastery.
- and last, least, and yet lethal, the bloodthirsty manikin, an apparently harmless plaything cursed with murderous urges to shed blood with blade and booby trap, coming back from seeming destruction to kill again.
Download includes TWO files: a full color version AND a stripped black and white version for easy printing, both versions hyperlinked internally and to online Pathfinder resources for easy interactive reference.
Check out this 28-page gothic-themed monster accessory and Make Your Game Legendary!