In addition to the most recent news from DriveThruRPG.com subscribers to our newsletter also receive the latest in freebies, discounts offers, and featured reviews. You can sign up for our newsletter here!
Customer Newsletter for 07/13/2017
Having trouble viewing this newsletter? Click here to read it online.
The Polaris RPG from Black Book Editions was recently nominated for several ENnie awards. To celebrate the good news, Black Book Editions has decided to put their two core books both on sale for 75% off, from now through till the end of August.
Check them out here:
Over on our sister site Wargame Vault, the annual Summer Campaign Sale is taking place right now. Through thiis weekend only, you can get a huge collection of wargaming books and accessories, all on sale for 25% off.
TWIN CITY OFFERS IN THE BUNDLE OF HOLDING
The Bundle of Holding has two new offers to enhance your urban fantasy adventures. The Flying Buffalo Catalyst Bundle marks the debut in PDF of the classic CityBook line published by Flying Buffalo in the 1980s and 90s. Along with all seven CityBooks, this offer includes four Grimtooth's Traps collections and the fondly remembered Mercenaries, Spies, & Private Eyes.
A companion offer, the Great City Bundle, features a sprawling fantasy city-state campaign setting from 0one Games. 0one is known for their beautiful Blueprint series, and this collection includes spectacular maps that live up to the company's reputation.
You still have a few days to get the Mutant Chronicles Bundle with the dieselpunk techno-fantasy game of future darkness from Modiphius Entertainment, and the Colonial Gothic Bundle, featuring the supernatural "flintlock horror" RPG from Rogue Games set on the American frontier before the Revolution.
As always, when you buy a Bundle of Holding offer, the titles are added automatically to your DriveThruRPG Library.
This is the Starter Edition of the game that allows you to progress your character up to 3rd level.
Full edition coming soon!
Burn, slash, cut, incinerate, shoot, maul, vaporise, maim, slaughter, electrocute, rend, blast and disintegrate your way through The Frontier!
Inspired by action roleplaying games, such as Borderlands and Destiny,The Frontier is a sci-fi game of hi-octane action that focuses on the simpler pleasures of life: Explore the alien ruins of a faraway world, fight a ton of nasties and baddies, and collect a boatload of loot as your reward!
Create intricate characters with complex personalities, then go shoot bad guys in the face and take their stuff!
• An exciting post-apocalyptic setting, complete with an introductory scenario to get you straight into the action. • A simple game system with old-school sensibilities to keep things moving at a smooth pace. • Guns, guns, guns! A multitude of unique weapons and armor, each with variants. • Extensive Gamemaster advice on how to create and run campaigns. I took all that crap out to make room for more guns!
The first series-long collection of episodes for Rocket Age.
The Trail of the Scorpion takes our heroes from Venus, to Earth, on to Mars, Ganymede, and finally to the moons of Saturn. Along the way, they discover and fight the machinations of the mysterious Red Scorpion crime syndicate and its shadowy leader. There will be puzzles to solve, battles to win, chases, betrayals, and high adventure.
Trail of the Scorpion contains six new adventures. The book also contains complete write-ups of three new organizations, including the Red Scorpion crime syndicate and its machinations, along with plot hooks, new weapons and equipment and even some strange new creatures to encounter.
• Six thrilling adventures, each of which can be played on its own, or as part of a linked campaign, that take in the length and breadth of the Solar System.
• Detailed background on the Red Scorpion Crime Syndicate and its machinations throughout the Solar System… and beyond!
• Two new organisations to help or hinder your heroes — the Greater Ganymedians and the Order of the Scribe.
• New equipment, including the latest development in robobrain technology.
• New creatures, from the strange botanical Terrolinian Wolf found in the forests of Ganymede to the huge White Tree Grubs native to Venus.
The Genius Guide to the Talented Bestiary is more than just another book of monsters (though we have that too!). The monster creation rules inside detail the step-by-step, streamlined process for determining a monster’s base statistics. Now, you can design a monster of any size and challenge rating quickly and easily, making unique and balanced threats for your players.
• Talented Monster Abilities breaks down every creature type and subtype, universal monster rule, and all the unique creature abilities. • Talented Monsters demonstrates the capabilities of the system by presenting scores of new monsters created with it. • Player Options presents new and interesting possibilities for player characters, such as construct creation, animating undead, monster cohorts, and summoning. • We even have optional rules for creating character class progressions from monsters, letting PCs play anything they can dream of! • Talented Templates outlines methods to produce templates, adding infinite options for modification of any monster anywhere. • Mythic Monster Rules dial the talented rules up to the Mythic level, allowing you to build custom creatures with the most powerful of monster abilities!
In the mountains at the western edge of the Kingdom of Threll, brave soldiers stand guard against the frightening creatures in the lands beyond. Falling Spring Station controls one of the passes leading through the mountains, keeping the people of Threll safe. But a terrible illness has weakened the soldiers in this vital fort.
After delivering medicine to help fight the disease, the heroes discover that there is more going on than just a simple illness. It’s up to them to put things right and find out what’s behind the strange happenings.
Can a small group of adventurers stand up to the mysterious Warlord of the North and his beastly army?
This 2nd to 3rd-level adventure is suitable for all ages using the standard Pathfinder Roleplaying Game or the boxed set for beginners.
The Legendary Beginnings product line from Legendary Games is designed to creating exciting adventures suitable for all ages, but especially designed for those new to roleplaying and those on the younger side.
It’s been 50 years since the curse struck Kennmouth. Since then, few have dared brave the dangers of the abandoned village. Even fewer came back in one piece. Kathryn Reed has her eyes set on the fishery waters of Kennmouth Bay, but she needs adventurers foolish enough to lift the dark curse.
Will these be the heroes who finally rid Kennmouth of its denizens?
"The Chapel on the Cliffs" is a 5th Edition horror adventure optimized for a group of 4 to 5 characters of 3rd level. In this module, the characters will explore the ruined village of Kennmouth and its surroundings, find out why a small army of skeletons rises from their graves every night to drive out intruders, and search for a way to lift this unholy curse.
• 35 pages of illustrated content
• Up to 10 hours of challenging gameplay
• Beautiful color illustrations and maps
• New monsters and magic items, including the famed Hand of Saint Sidvela, and the Guardian Beast
• New rules to deal with chases and sieges involving dozens of shambling skeletons
Looking for the HD maps and tokens?
Hi-Def Maps and tokens are available for this adventure.
Night Below, the first epic campaign adventure for the 2nd Edition AD&D game, is designed to take player characters from 1st level to 10th level and beyond. The PCs start as beginning adventurers on a routine courier mission, but they soon become drawn into combating a sinister plot that menaces the pleasant land of Haranshire.
By the end of Book I, "The Evils of Haranshire," the player characters should have worked their way up to 5th level.
Book II, "Perils of the Underdark," shifts the scene as the characters search the seemingly endless realm of the underdark to discover the fate of the kidnappers' victims.
By the time they reach the dark cavern of "The Sunless Sea" in Book III, they should each be 10th level or above, ready at last to confront the ultimate evil behind the far-reaching conspiracy.
Night Below, by Carl Sargent, is a standalone Underdark campaign. It was first published in November 1995.
Fantasy Kingdoms of Rats, Living and Warring beneath Manhattan.
An original campaign setting for 5th Edition.
With Tooth and Claw, Sword and Scabbard, Magic and Myth... these are not your average rats.
"Just genius. I don't think I could ever express just how amazing this is. I would give this a 20 out of 5 [stars] if I could..."
—James B., Five Star Review
• Capsule histories for each kingdom • Details for races and cultures • A map of the "Understreet" • Original character backgrounds • Numerous scavenge tables • Adventure ideas and story hooks • Important NPCs • Creature stats • Original artwork
Realms of Understreet
Kings and nobles vie for power in a swirling vortex of political intrigue. Warriors and wizards battle for treasure, knowledge, and adventure.
Scavenge through items discarded by fearsome giants to fashion clothes, weapons, armor, and homes.
Your players take on the roles of rats, mice, and other creatures living in the sewers of Manhattan Island.
The Ten Thunders are a crime syndicate that recruits the poor and desperate and turns them into weapons they wield against their enemies. You are one of these desperate souls, and your training is nearly complete.
When a petty thief attacks your master and steals a dangerous object from your temple, it falls to you to seek revenge.
"Earthly Desires" is a fun One Shot adventure for the Through the Breach roleplaying game. It comes with five pregenerated characters, allowing you to jump right into the action.
This adventure was made available during Free RPG Day.
Penny Dreadful One Shots are single-session adventures that are only released as PDFs. They allow Fatemasters to insert them into an ongoing campaign or to run a quick-and-dirty one-shot session of Through the Breach.