DriveThruRPG Desktop Client
This desktop app allows you to easily sync your Library to your PC.
Windows Client Version 184.108.40.206 (view changelog)
Requires Windows Vista or above.
On installation, you may see a screen like the following, since this is our first Windows application. If so, click More Info and then Run Anyway.
- The client can sync your entire Library to your computer with all files organized in folders by publisher.
- Automatically keep you up to date. When you run a Library sync in the client it downloads new files for any titles that publishers have updated since your last download.
- Sort your Library by rule system in the client. Click to Open any file in your favorite viewer.
- The client gets files you've purchased at any OneBookShelf site including DriveThruRPG, RPGNow, WargameVault, DMsGuild, DriveThru Comics, DriveThruFiction, and more.
- No DRM. DriveThruRPG is a DRM free site. The client does not add any DRM to your Library files
- Delete your files. The only way the client will delete a file off your device or PC is if you choose to delete it or if you change the default setting for file updates and choose to have updated files for a title overwrite prior files.
Version 220.127.116.11March 19, 2018
Minor Bug Fixes
- Bug fix - Application lockup when clicking browse for folder in output path
- Bug fix - Various file hashing fixes to make file syncing more stable and consistent
- Bug fix - Files with empty file names should not be shown in the product
- Better logging for debugging and tracking application execution for easier support
Version 2.0.2Jan 9, 2018
- Installer bug fix - Installer was getting stuck in the uninstall phase during auto update.
Version 2.0.1Jan 3, 2018
- Fixed File Matching Bug - There was a bug deep in the file matching and verification logic that took quite a bit of debugging to find. The bug resulted in many downloads (especially watermarked ones) being listed as corrupt, when they were not.
Version 2.0Major Changes
- Optimized Library Refresh - Large libraries often experienced excessive refresh times. We've optimized this process to be much faster.
- Smarter Sync - The app now uses checksum-based file detection. This means that if you've saved a file to the application's storage folder through the web, or Dropbox, or any other method, the app will still recognize it. This also lets you organize your files as you please in subfolders, and the app will still keep track of them. This also allows us to perform a sanity check after you download a file within the app, to ensure that it was transferred completely intact.
- Selective Sync - Now you can check which titles you want to sync, instead of it being everything or just one at a time.
- Resizeable Window - Lots of you asked for the ability to resize the program window, and now you can!
- Select Visible Columns - Now you can select which columns are displayed.
- Download Order - We now download newest to oldest, a feature requested by several of you. When doing a large sync, this will let you get to the stuff you purchased most recently first.
- Detailed Logging Option - The Settings screen now has an option to turn on detailed logging. In the event that you experience bugs, we will direct you to turn this option on and then send us the logs, which should provide enough detailed information that we can track down the issue much more easily.
- Filename Ellipsis - If a filename is too long to fit in the column, we truncate it with ellipsis, and if you hover over it you can see the full filename.
- Check Free Space Before Sync - Now we make sure there is enough room on the drive that you're syncing to, before performing the sync.
- More Accurate Progress Bar - Now we base the download bar progress on bytes left to sync, instead of number of files left to sync.
Coming Soon for More Operating Systems
More Information and FAQ
If you encounter any trouble during installation, some information is available in our Client Help page.
This application uses the LGPL-licensed version of the Qt.io framework (source code available here). This application itself is not LGPL-licensed, but because we use this library, you are free to link to a modified version of it if you please. This also requires us to provide the text of the LGPL 3.0 license, shown below (or click here).